Thursday, April 12, 2007

No, The Customer is NOT Always Right

Date: April 13, 2007
Time: 09:00
Location: Superintendent's Office

"The purpose of the interview is discuss the incident on March 14, 2007, at approximately 10:35 am, on the 2900 block of Woodland Drive, when you were verbally abusive to a customer and called her a bitch while in uniform. Furthermore, at the fore-mentioned incident you also threatened to pepper spray her tied up dog."

Let me just say...BULLSHIT.
The only thing factual about this synopsis is that I was indeed in uniform.
It is tremendously frustrating when your employer would rather take the word of some jackass on the street who is obviously fabricating some tale, over their employee who they've known for years.
Or not.
Our latest boss, or commandant as some have called her is all about "respect in the work place" but refuses to hear my side of the story and would rather take the word of a total stranger and prejudge the interview process in this manner. I'm pissed that I am being called a liar, and I'm pissed that some idiot walking their pit bull off leash might have an impact of my finances should I be suspended without pay.
It's not the dog I hate, but the feckless owner who insists, "she would never bite".
Well, you don't know that, and I'm not taking any chances, so put a leash on it.
I'm a dog lover!! All dogs...and I don't support a ban or anything like that, but when I'm working, I don't need to meet your dog off leash.

This is the Kafkaesque nature of the Post Office.
Nothing makes sense, so just get used to it.

It's really not a bad job, but the poor management that makes it so.

Found a remix version of the Stars album that I played to death last year.
I particularly like Final Fantasy's cover of Your Ex Lover Is Dead.

Check it out

4 comments:

April said...

oh man, that sucks. i hate that some people don't think leash laws apply to them...
i apologize on behalf of that moron, or that moron's dog. pepper spray away! but aim for the owner hahah.
also, what's up with your supervisor taking the side of a stranger? douche!

kntgrl said...

hey kbab....my employers hate their employees.
i got a 3 day unpaid suspension
....it smells like bullshit to me.
The letter this wench wrote is a total fabrication!! I'm pissed!!

April said...

that's absurd! doesn't that just make you want to start throwing her mail away? not that i advocate such behavior...hahaha

kntgrl said...

she's not even on my route!
just some beyotch on some way to the dog park. most irritating.