Tuesday, June 06, 2006



Went for a super long dog walk today still in the blissful psychic space of my vacaion.
I can't believe how it feels like I've been away for much longer than 4 or 5 days...and it's not like you relax in LA, or at least we didn't. Though we always made time for a beer break on those killer hot afternoons. That's what vacations are for. Beer breaks!

Because I'm still walking around with a smile on my face, I decided to blurt out to my neighbour that I just love his art that's on a pole in front of my place. It's great, and I guess my enthusiasm showed, 'cause he said I could have it.
I dunno what this means?
Am I suppose to climb up there and take it down and hoard it lest some other person steals it first? The only time I even considered taking some public art was a piece at the corner of Main and Union, and it was literally plastered over the day after I had intended to stop there and 'liberate it'. It's a bummer, because you can still see the outline of the former painting. But that's the name of the game I guess.The thing I really love about it is that it is there, only for those who look up, and if it were to be gone, that would be sad. So for now, I'm just gonna keep on loving it.

1 comment:

freakpowertix said...

that's a good approach...

how's it going?