Tuesday, January 09, 2007

FUCKING CARS IN THIS CITY!!!!!



I just found out that a friend of mine was hit by a car yesterday and has a smashed pelvis as well as a compound fracture to his leg. It is extrememly upsetting, because I know too many people that have been hurt by negligent and uncaring drivers in this city.

Even my 3 year old daughter has been hit in her trailer by some idiotic unattentive driver. I really don't know what the solution is, besides us being scared off of our bikes and into cars like the other fat asses that I see around me. I mean what the fuck?!?
Vancouver is suppose to be a progressive, sustainable city, but the reality is far from the image that it tries to present. The roads are clogged with single drivers in giant SUVs which they can't even navigate. It is disgusting!!

I feel like I'm gonna die everytime I go out on my bike. Time to get more active I suppose. Whatever that means...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there must be a critical mass presence there?

that sucks.

i'm sick of cars. fucking money pits...

Anonymous said...

I ride my bike and also drive in this city as well. There are over 2 million people in this city - there are bound to be some accidents. The negligence goes both ways as I am often snuck up on by bikes on the left side of me - as they weave between cars in the middle of rush hour. People who are driving certainly dont want to hit anyone on a bike - that is ridiculous! Sure, many people could take transit to work but many others cant because their jobs require driving to and from meetings etc. People in trades carry tools and need their cars to transport materials . This is a beautiful city ... not everyone is a fat ass. Maybe you should consider a move to a little rural community where there is no traffic.

kntgrl said...

maybe you should consider attaching a name to your posts. I doubt that you ride with that attitude.

kntgrl said...

...or mebbe I should just call you TWILA.....

A HAHAHAHAA!!!!!!